The Bell Media family will celebrate its 49th Annual CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish in this year’s 2015 holiday season. With the outstanding support of CP24, 104.5 CHUM FM, and TSN Radio 1050, we reach both radio and television audiences for community assistance.
The CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish has become one of the largest distributors of toys to those in need in the Greater Toronto Area, as well as providing financial assistance to hundreds of agencies.
The CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish supplies registered charitable organizations, social service agencies, churches, and community centres with generous financial donations and new unwrapped toys. In turn, these groups distribute the donations to those families, of many faiths and cultures, who require support.
Financial donations in the form of cash or cheques and toy donations in the form of new, unwrapped toys for newborns to kids 18 years of age will be accepted at the following locations:
- CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish Headquarters – 299 Queen Street West
- Most RBC Royal Bank branches in the GTA
- CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish Warehouse – 1366 Blundell Road, Mississauga
- Any Honda automobile dealership in Ontario
- Children in the age groups below are sometimes difficult to shop for and often overlooked by donors. Please use these helpful tips to help give a kid a Christmas.
Infants & Babies
Make sure the toy is age appropriate by the manufacturer’s age rating
(0 – 6 months) and (3 months+) are in highest demand:
No ‘button’ eyes or noses – features must be soft and sewn on securely
• Package should say ‘Infant Friendly’ or ‘Baby’s First’, ‘Infantino’, etc.
• Developmental toys (Fisher Price, Baby Einstein, Playskool, Leap Frog Baby)
• No small parts
- Children Ages 10 to 18 Years Old
Gift cards (Hudson’s Bay, Wal-Mart, HMV, Cineplex, Gap, Stitches, Chapters, Coles, Old Navy, Garage, Blue Notes, La Senza, etc.)
• Electronic games, books
• Sports equipment (soccer, basketball, football, hockey, skateboards, scooters, etc.)
• Roller blades, ice skates, snow boards
• Bicycle helmets
• Cosmetics (age appropriate: 16 – 18 years old)
• Personal care and grooming gift packs
• Hair products and accessories (curling irons, blow dryers, shavers, beard groomers, etc.)
• Diaries, journals
• Creative and craft supplies
• Purses, knapsacks/backpacks
• Movies, and clock radios